Last
night at small group we talked about faith.
It got me thinking about the times in my life that have required the
most faith, the times that I’ve had it and didn’t know how, the ways I can look
back now and see what God was doing even though it didn’t make sense at the
time.
Like
that one time we consciously gave up 2 steady salaries and started raising
support.
And
that one time we moved to a continent we’d never been to, to do a job that
(still) doesn’t really have a clear job description. And most likely never will.
And
then there’s that one time I asked a stranger to backpack with us for 5 weeks,
just because he was really hot, spoke Spanish, and I just "had a feeling" he wasn't a creeper.
Or
the time when I was ready to be married when I was 20, and God said nope, not for
a while actually.
I
look in my rearview mirror and see so many ways that God has saved me from
myself and my own misdirected desires, ones that would have probably led to a
good life, but definitely not the best.
Not the one I have been created to live.
I’ve
also been blessed to witness others’ stories of
“Wow
this doesn’t make sense at all God,
but I know it’s from You…”
and
watch the amazing, could-only-be-God results that follow.
The
question isn’t whether or not you have those moments, it’s whether or not we
take the time to look in the rearview mirror and acknowledge where God has
worked in our lives.
So
what about YOU???
What are some of those
faith-filled turning points from your past?
Please
share :)

That time I took a chance and told a great friend I had feelings for him. Now he's my husband.
ReplyDeleteOr moved to a city I had never been too and new practically no one and met half my bridesmaids. :)
That's personally one of my favorites :) Well, make that 2.
ReplyDeleteThis is so encouraging! I'm definitely in a transition now that I know will make sense down the road.
ReplyDelete