Thursday, September 22, 2011

Acute, Obtuse & Car Alarms

So I never thought that I would be teaching Geometry, let alone Geometry in Spanish, but that´s what the Lord has placed in my lap.  So not only am I freshening up my math skills, but I´m also adding words like acute, obtuse and right angle to my Spanish vocabulary.

One of our good friends here, Leti, is a single mom with two incredible boys, Andres (11) and Tomas (7).  They are really bright and hilarious, although they can get out of hand with their behavior at times.  They really need a strong male role model to show them the ropes.  So...Leti was looking for someone to tutor Andres in Geometry and I thought, I remember taking math in high school, it can´t be that hard, he´s only in 6th grade!
I now have the blessing of tutoring Andres in Geometry, and in reality the kid is extremely bright so I´m just coaching him along.  So far we´ve really hit it off and I´m looking forward to the influence that I´ll have with this young man.

The other day after an hour of math we decided to take a break and head outside.  We started playing soccer in the street (which is very typical, the streets are really small) and we hit a car and the alarm went off.  We decided to go back inside.

What an influence I´m having already!

Honestly though, please keep our relationship in your prayers, that I´ll be able to teach him, show him what it means to know Christ and give him an overall understanding of the responsibilities of being a solid young man.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment